The Armenians of Vladikavkaz have celebrated the holy tide of Church of St. Gregory the Illuminator

In Vladikavkaz the important event for the Armenian community of the Republic of North Ossetia – Alania was held – the Dedication day of Church of St. Gregory the Illuminator. The feast is devoted to the finding of the Holy relics by the Church and dedicated to the 20th anniversary of the Diocese of the South of Russia of the Armenian Apostolic Church.  The Head of the Diocese Bishop Movses Movsesyan honoured the celebration with his presence and delivered a sermon. The Holy Liturgy was served by the rector of the Krasnodar Church of St. John the Evangelist Archpriest Ter Harutyun Bayadyan.
The celebration was attended by the Head of the Diocese of Vladikavkaz and Alania Russian Orthodox Church Archbishop Leonid Gorbachev, Vice-mayor of Vladikavkaz Uruzhmak Kulov and other officials, as well as a large number of guests and parishioners.
Church of St. Gregory the Illuminator was founded in 1868. It is one of the oldest Armenian churches in the South of Russia. The building of the Church has been recognized as an object of cultural heritage of the Russian Federation.